Hernia is one of the most common health issues in which an internal organ tends to push through an aperture in the tissue or muscle that holds it. While most of the time, hernia occurs in the groin area. Though some hernias are not life-threatening, they can cause immense pain, which calls for proper treatment at the right time.
What are the symptoms of hernia?
Hernia can be diagnosed through various symptoms, which need to be paid attention at the right time. So, here are a few symptoms that hernia causes.
- Swelling or bulging in the groin area or scrotum
- Increase of pain at the swollen portion over time
- A sensation of dull aching
- Experiencing bowel obstruction – vomiting, not passing faeces or motion
What are the treatments of hernia?
If you are experiencing similar signs or symptoms as stated above, you must visit a doctor immediately. Surgery is the only modality of treatment for hernia.
So, here are the two main types of surgeries that are usually adopted to treat a hernia.
- Open surgery: In the method of open surgery, an incision is made over the hernia location. Hernia constructs are reduced and defect is repaired. At times, a mesh is implanted in the region to render additional support.
- Laparoscopic surgery: Here, doctors make small incisions and surgical tools like laparoscope are inserted to repair the hernia. Since it causes lesser damages to the surrounding tissues and muscles, the procedure leads to a speedy recovery. However, all types of hernias are not suitable to undergo laparoscopic surgery.
So, if you are suffering from hernia symptoms, you must visit a doctor or general surgery experts who rightly know how to deal with it. You can reach out to Miracles Apollo Cradle/Spectra Hospital in Sec 82, Gurugram to get an effective surgical repair of your hernia from the best doctors and lead a healthy and pain-free life.