Pulmonology, also referred to as respiratory medicine, is a medical branch. It is dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases affecting the respiratory system, encompassing the lungs, airways, and pleura. Pulmonologists are medical doctors who have undergone additional training in the field of pulmonology. They specialize in addressing a diverse range of respiratory conditions.
Miracles Apollo Cradle / Spectra stands out as the premier pulmonologist hospital in Gurgaon. The hospital offers a complete range of services and treatments for individuals with respiratory disorders. Our team comprises the best pulmonologists in Gurgaon, known for their high skill and experience, dedicated to delivering exceptional patient care. With state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment facilities, we ensure precise diagnosis and effective management of respiratory conditions. Our commitment to advanced technology enhances the effectiveness of treatments, highlighting our dedication to patient well-being.
Looking for the best pulmonologist near you to enhance your respiratory health? Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our pulmonologists and experience exceptional care.
Pulmonology: Conditions We Treat
- Asthma: A chronic inflammatory condition causing airway narrowing, leading to symptoms like wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD): An umbrella term for chronic lung diseases resulting in continuous airflow obstruction, including emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- Bronchiectasis: A long-term condition where damaged airways widen, become loose, and scarred, making them susceptible to infections. Symptoms include persistent cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, and frequent chest infections.
- Chronic Cough: A persistent cough lasting 8 weeks or more, associated with respiratory conditions like asthma, COPD, bronchiectasis, or environmental factors such as smoking or exposure to dust.
- Lung Infections: Infections of the lungs caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi, presenting symptoms like cough, fever, shortness of breath, and chest pain.
- Tuberculosis (TB): A contagious infectious disease primarily affecting the lungs, caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Symptoms may include persistent cough for more than 2 weaks, coughing up blood in sputum, chest pain, fever, chills and loss of weight etc.
- Cystic Fibrosis: A genetic disorder affecting the lungs, digestive system, and other organs, causing thick mucus buildup in the airways, leading to recurrent respiratory infections and lung damage.
- Pneumonia: An infection of the lungs caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi, resulting in symptoms like cough, fever, shortness of breath, chest pain, and fatigue.
- Interstitial Lung Diseases (ILDs): Conditions affecting the tissues and spaces between air sacs in the lungs, causing difficulty in oxygen passage. Symptoms include shortness of breath, cough, fatigue, and lung scarring.
- Lung Cancer: A Tumor developing in the lungs, often linked to smoking. Symptoms include persistent cough, coughing up blood, shortness of breath, chest pain, and unexplained weight loss.
- Pleurisy: Inflammation of the pleura surrounding the lungs, causing sharp chest pain worsening during deep breathing or coughing, and blood in sputum etc.
- Pulmonary Embolism (PE): A blood clot blocking an artery in the lungs, causing shortness of breath, chest pain, and sudden coughing.
- Sleep Apnea: A sleep disorder with breathing delays during sleep, leading to airhunger, suffocation, snoring, daytime sleepiness, fatigue, and an increased risk of heart related problems.
- Vocal Cord Dysfunction (VCD): Abnormal tightening or closure of vocal cords, causing difficulty breathing, especially during inhalation. Symptoms include shortness of breath, chest tightness, wheezing and hoarseness of voice.
- Pulmonary Hypertension: High blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs, making it difficult for the heart to pump blood. Symptoms include shortness of breath, fatigue, chest pain, and leg and ankle swelling.
- Pneumothorax: A collapsed lung resulting from air leaking into the space between the lung and chest wall, causing sudden chest pain, shortness of breath, and rapid breathing. Treatment depends on the size and severity of symptoms.
If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, it's advisable to consult pulmonary doctors near you for proper diagnosis and treatment. Early diagnosis and treatment help enhance the quality of life and prevent complications.
Pulmonology: Treatments We Offer
- Bronchodilators: Open up narrowed airways to relieve respiratory symptoms.
- Corticosteroids: Reduce inflammation associated with various respiratory conditions.
- Antibiotics: Used to treat bacterial infections affecting the respiratory system.
- Antivirals: Fight viral infections affecting the respiratory tract.
- Oxygen Therapy: Administered to patients with low blood oxygen levels to enhance breathing function and alleviate respiratory distress.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation: A comprehensive program integrating exercise training, education, and counseling to empower patients with chronic respiratory conditions. The goal is to manage symptoms effectively and enhance overall quality of life.
- Respiratory Therapy: Respiratory therapists offer specialized care, providing:
- Breathing Techniques: Instructing patients on effective breathing practices.
- Airway Clearance: Assisting in the removal of mucus or other obstructions.
- Nebulized Medications: Administering medications in a form that can be inhaled directly into the lungs.
- Bronchoscopy: Bronchoscopy is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a thin, flexible tube with a camera and light to examine the inside of the airways in the lungs.
- EBUS Guided Biopsy: An EBUS-guided biopsy, or Endobronchial Ultrasound-guided Transbronchial Needle Aspiration, is a minimally invasive procedure. It uses ultrasound technology to help diagnose lung and mediastinal conditions.
- Surgical Interventions: Surgical options are considered for specific respiratory conditions, including:
- Lung Cancer Surgery: Treatment for lung cancer may involve surgical procedures.
- Lung Volume Reduction Surgery: Possible intervention for certain lung conditions.
- Lung Transplantation: In cases where severe lung disease necessitates transplant.
Miracles Healthcare is your partner in comprehensive pulmonology care. From medications to surgical procedures, we tailor treatments for your specific respiratory needs. Miracles Healthcare offers comprehensive healthcare services through multiple facilities: Miracles Apollo Cradle, Miracles Apollo Cradle/Spectra, Miracles Fertility & IVF Clinic, and Miracles Mediclinic. Our facilities are located in Sec 14, Sec 56, and Sec 82, making daily healthcare more convenient for the people of Gurgaon.
Prioritize your respiratory health today and schedule a consultation with our expert team of the best pulmonologists in Gurgaon for personalized and effective care.
Yes, pulmonologists are qualified specialists trained to diagnose and treat respiratory health problems in both children and adults. If your child is experiencing any respiratory issues, it is advisable to consult a pediatric pulmonologist for early diagnosis and treatment.
If you have been diagnosed with a respiratory condition or are experiencing symptoms such as a persistent cough, wheezing, chest pain, dizziness, loud snoring, or other respiratory issues, it is advisable to consider consulting a pulmonologist. Pulmonologists are experts in diagnosing and treating respiratory problems and seeking their expertise can assist in effectively managing your illness and improving your respiratory health.
During your visit to a pulmonologist, you can expect a thorough examination. The pulmonologist will ask about your symptoms, medical history, family medical history, smoking habits, and occupational exposures. They will conduct a physical examination of your chest and lungs. They may order additional tests based on your symptoms to provide optimal treatment.
Tests that a pulmonologist may order include blood tests, pulmonary function tests (PFT), chest X-rays, CT chest scans, and bronchoscopy. These tests help in diagnosing and understanding the specific respiratory condition, allowing the pulmonologist to tailor an effective treatment plan for your needs.
The cost of treating pulmonary diseases in Gurgaon can vary based on several factors. These factors may include the type of disease, chosen treatment, severity of the condition, hospital location, pulmonologist's experience, and insurance coverage. At Miracles Apollo Cradle / Spectra, we provide world-class and cost-effective treatment options for a broad spectrum of pulmonary diseases, encompassing asthma, COPD, chronic cough, lung infections, and more. Our comprehensive services include advanced techniques and personalized care, ensuring the highest quality treatment for our patients.