3 MOST COMMON SPORTS INJURIES & HOW TO AVOID THEM
Athletes frequently damage or strain their ligaments or cartilage. Sports injuries are prevalent and can affect your bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and other tissues throughout your body. Many mild injuries may be treated at home with relaxation, ice, compression, elevation, and over-the-counter pain medicines. However, certain injuries can be treated by Ortho Doctors In Gurgaon. An Orthopedic Surgeon In Gurgaon can help you with treatments like immobilization, physical rehabilitation, and surgery.
The most frequent sports injuries that players face are:
1. Injuries caused by overuse:
Overuse injuries arise as a result of repeated motion occurring over long periods of practice, and minimal rest. Overuse causes several shoulder problems, such as tendinitis and bursitis.
2. Sprains or Ligament/Cartilage Tears
- An ACL injury impacts the anterior cruciate ligament, a primary ligament of the knee. When someone has an ACL tear, they can hear or experience a "pop" accompanied by severe pain.
- The Achilles tendon is a strong, yet thin tendon located at the rear of your ankle. This tendon can rupture or tear during athletics, leading to extreme pain and difficulties in walking.
- Torn Ulnar Collateral Ligament (UCL): Baseball players might suffer from a torn ulnar collateral ligament (UCL), which is located within the elbow and serves to secure the elbow joint.
3. Strains in the muscles
- Swelling: It is a normal response to an injury, and is very uncomfortable.
- Rotator cuff strain: The rotator cuff comprises four muscle groups that operate together to ensure 360 degrees rotation of the shoulders. A rupture in these muscle fibers can cause the rotator cuff to deteriorate.
HOW TO AVOID SPORTS INJURIES
- Wear safety equipment. Helmets, eye protection, knee guards, wrist and elbow pads, a protective cup (for men), and cleats are always advisable.
- Never begin playing right away. First, do some warm-up workouts or go for a brief jog to relax.
- If you are injured, do not play until the injury has completely healed.
- Learn and use the correct technique, stances, and postures.
The sooner you receive care and a prognosis from an experienced Orthopedic Surgeon In Gurgaon, the faster you will heal and return to play. Visit Miracles Healthcare to get treated by the best Ortho Doctors In Gurgaon.