Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common condition that affects the way a woman’s ovaries function. It is a condition that also affects women’s hormone levels, causes hair growth on the face and different parts of the body, and baldness too. Moreover, it contributes to long-term health issues such as heart disease and diabetes. If you’re facing such problems, it is suggested to consult the best gynaecologist in Gurgaon.
What Causes It?
Women with PCOS produce more than normal amounts of male hormones. Such hormone imbalance causes them to skip menstrual periods and makes it harder for them to get pregnant. Some birth control pills and diabetes drugs can assist in fixing the hormonal imbalance and enhance symptoms.
Doctors don’t know the exact reason that causes PCOS and they believe that high levels of male hormones prevent the ovaries from producing hormones and creating eggs in a normal way. Insulin resistance, genes, and inflammation are all connected to excess androgen production. For more information related to PCOS, make sure to pay a visit to the trusted gynae clinic in Gurgaon.
Ways to Help Treat Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- It might be easy for you to manage various factors and ease the symptoms through lifestyle adjustments and dietary supplements, but there is no one-size-fits-all outlook to treatment. Make sure to always talk with the best gynaecologist in Gurgaon before you try any different treatment. Discuss possible dosage, interactions, and side effects.
- Eating the right type of food and avoiding specific ingredients will help you manage your symptoms better. A well-balanced and nourishing diet can assist in regulating your hormones and menstrual cycle properly. Consuming processed, highly preserved foods can increase inflammation and insulin resistance.
- Carbohydrates and protein both have a huge impact on your energy and hormone levels. Eating protein can stimulate your body to make insulin. Unprocessed, high-carb food can enhance insulin sensitivity. According to the best gynae doctor in Gurgaon, instead of eating a low-carb diet, make sure to focus on getting sufficient healthy protein.
- As PCOS is known as low-level chronic inflammation, adding anti-inflammatory food items to your regular diet can assist in easing your symptoms. Try the Mediterranean diet as an option, some tomatoes, olive oil, fatty fish, tree nuts, and leafy greens all fight against inflammation.
- Caffeine in-take may be connected to changes in estrogen levels and hormonal behavior. You can boost the energy with a decaf alternative option like herbal tea. If you are not fond of herbal tea, you can also choose green tea as it is known to improve insulin resistance.
All these ways can help you heal naturally. Once you decide to work with your body instead of controlling it, you can achieve great improvement in your health. Take proper healing methods, and consult the health experts to keep a record of your performance every now and then. Dr Sadhna Sharma is one of the trusted and reliable doctors in this field.