How To Help Your Toddler Go To Sleep?
Sleep is vital for keeping your little ones healthy but getting them to sleep is always a daunting task. Even ‘good’ sleepers have hard times when they can’t fall asleep or they may wake up suddenly and are not able to settle back down during the night. Visiting an experienced baby care hospital in Gurgaon is the perfect way to handle your baby’s sleeping patterns.
Sleep Problems in Young Children
Many young children find it difficult to settle down to sleep and will also wake up during the night time. Every kid is different, which is why it is important to take measures that are suitable for them. For a few people, this might not be a serious issue but if you or your kid is suffering from lack of sleep, there are some methods you can try. Ensure to consult the best gynae doctor in Gurgaon if it becomes a big problem.
Sleeping Pattern In Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Toddlers: Most toddlers (kids between the age of 1 and 3 years) need at least 12 to 14 hours of sleep over a 24-time duration. It may be split up between nighttime sleeping and a nap or two during the day. Surely, you won’t be able to understand the sleeping pattern immediately when it comes to your child as little experimenting is needed before you find what works best for them.
- Preschoolers: Sleep assists your children to grow healthy, fit and strong during their preschool years (ages between 3 to 5). Some kids during this age require sleep at least 11 to 113 hours over a 24-hour period and mostly one day nap. Older kids may not require any naps at all. To know more about sleeping patterns and tips for your kids, pay a visit to the best hospitals in Gurgaon.
How to Put a Toddler to Sleep?
- A regular bedtime routine planned around the same time every night will encourage good sleep patterns for your toddler. The routine may follow up with a quick bath, story, and bed. It will help young kids feel ready to sleep.
- Keep your toddler’s bedtimes and wake-up times within 1-2 hours of each other every day. It will help keep their body clock in a regular pattern.
- Most kids stop napping at 3-5 age. If your kid is over five years and still naps during the day, try to keep the nap for about 20 minutes and not after early afternoon. Long and late naps make it tough for kids to get to sleep at night. Visit the reliable baby care hospital in Gurgaon if you child is not able to adjust as per the set sleeping pattern for long.
- If your kid feels scared about going to bed or staying in the dark, you should praise and reward them for being brave. Make sure to avoid scary movies, shows, or computer games, especially before going to bed.
With Apollo Cradle Gurgaon, you can learn to put your toddler to sleep without stressing or hear them nagging every night.