5 Ways to Prepare for Cold and Flu Season
With the drizzle around the corner in the musty weather and the rainy season knocking straight at your door, there is no denying that the flu season is again here. Coughing, body ache, chills, sore throat, and runny nose surely sound like you have to confine your kids within the four walls of your home. Yes, pediatric doctor visits are going to become more frequent, which is why you must start preparing for the cold season. How and why? Let’s dive in deep to find out more.
What causes the flu?
As per the top pediatric doctors, typically the flu in kids is caused by one or several varied virus strains. Typically, when viruses enter a host’s cells and start multiplying, it hampers the host cell’s normal functioning in the process. Flu-causing viruses spread through the respiratory system and anyone can easily get infected by inhaling droplets from an infected person who is sneezing or coughing. The virus can also spread when you touch the contaminated surface and then touch your face, particularly the nose, eyes, or mouth.
Want to suit up to combat the flu season? Here’s our step-by-step guide:
- Prepare your kids before the cold and flu season begins. Tissues, hand soap, hand sanitizer, and paper towels should be kept handy. Keep extra masks available because they have been shown to help prevent the transmission of flu.
- Make sure your medicine cabinet is all stocked up for your kids. Ensure it has pain relievers, fever-reducing agents, and other medications like decongestants to help your young adults feel better.
- Wash your hands thoroughly for about 20 seconds and advice your kids to do the same.
- Fill your pantry with all the necessary comfort foods and ensure your kids take enough fluids. Don’t forget to pack the extra dose of Vitamin C needed for children.
- Make sure everyone in the family gets a flu shot as soon as.
Get started now!
Whether you are searching for a flu doctor or child specialist in Gurgaon, make sure you select the best. In case, you are also searching for the best child specialist in Gurgaon, or you want to beat the flu season, start with Miracles Health now!