Know How Diabetes Lead to Heart Problems
When you have type 2 diabetes, it is essential to keep a close attention on your heart health. For some, it may be confusing that a disease about blood sugar has such a huge influence on your heart. But the connection runs deep because every element in your body is linked. Getting your diabetes under control is a long way, however, with the help of an endocrinologist in gurgaon you can follow the right diet chart and take necessary medications.
Diabetes Linked to Heart Problems
- Diabetes gives you a double blow as it causes a lot of harm to your heart on its own. It adds fuel to the fire, uplifting the influence of other problems that increase your chances of getting a heart disease. Having diabetes means that it is highly possible for you to develop heart disease and have a bigger chance of a heart attack or a stroke.
- People with diabetes have higher risk that also increases the chance of high blood pressure or high cholesterol. If you have diabetes, you can protect your heart and overall health by controlling your blood glucose, also known as blood sugar, your blood pressure and cholesterol. Moreover, if you smoke, then you need to stop it as quickly as possible.
Diabetes Harms Blood Vessels and Heart Muscle
To maintain a good health, it is suggested to constantly stay in touch with your diabetes doctor in Gurgaon. The longer you have diabetes, the more are the chances of you getting a heart disease. It is mostly because over time, it leads to different problems concerning your blood vessels and heart muscles.
- Blood Clots: When you have high blood sugar level, it is easy for the clots to be formed in your blood. It can easily cut off your blood flow and make it more likely that you’ll have a heart attack or stroke.
- Problems with Blood Vessels: High blood sugar level literally damages the inside walls of your blood vessels. Once that happens, a fatty element known as plaque begins to collect in them. It’s like gunk collecting up in the small cracks and crevices of a pipe. With time, it hardens your arteries and slows the blood flow. It means your heart doesn’t get the oxygen it requires. It also increases the odds of getting a blood clot in your heart.
- Scarred Heart Muscle: Over time, diabetes brings changes to your body that can leave behind scars in the muscle of your heart. This allows it to set the stage for even more complications because your heart doesn’t pump as well as it should.
- Swelling: As your body withstands against germs and fixes injuries, inflammation is a common part of the healing process. When you need it, it’s good. Though, diabetes can trigger constant inflammation and irritation in your blood vessels. It can also change them in a way that makes heart disease a whole lot more likely to happen.
Acquire the suitable and effective diabetes treatment in Gurgaon from a skilled and trusted doctor and control your condition to avoid further damage to your body.