Everyone is familiar with snoring; if you’re not the main culprit of the noisy night time issue, then you may know someone who is. According to researchers, snoring affects about half of the popular and most people are habitual snorers. It is suggested to visit one of the reputed ENT Clinics in Gurgaon to get suitable treatment or remedies for snoring.
What Causes Snoring?
- When you go to sleep, your neck muscles relax. At times, they are too relaxed which causes your upper airway; nose and throat to become narrow for sufficient air to pass to the lungs. When it happens, the surrounding tissue vibrates and the resulting sounds are known as snores.
- People who snore often can have too much throat and nasal tissue or ‘floppy’ tissue that is easier to vibrate. The placement of your tongue also gets in the way of smooth breathing. If you snore on a regular basis at night, it can lead to daytime fatigue, irritation and various health issues enhancing day time sleeping. Bulky tongue and enlarged tonsils add to you snoring. Get reliable ENT Treatment in Gurgaon and have a good nights’ sleep daily.
Basic Effects of Snoring
- Almost everyone snores occasionally, and it’s mostly not something to stress about. Besides being a problem to your friends or your partner, snoring also influences the way you sleep. It decreases the quality of your sleep, can result in sleep apnea or lead to chronic sleep deprivation.
- Most of the time, you wake up tired, cranky and not quite like you got a good rest, it can be due to snoring. Sleeping in a different room isn’t the only solution for snoring as there are several effective solutions that can assist sleep better at night. With the guidance of professional ENT Doctors Gurgaon, you can get advice, solutions and natural remedies to stop snoring.
Basic Tips to Stop Snoring
There are several ways of dealing with snoring; some are medical and some are natural/suspicious. Try out the mentioned below remedies that act like a charm:
- Lying on your back will make the base of your tongue and soft palate collapse to the back wall of your throat, resulting in a vibrating sound when you sleep. It is suggested to sleep on your side as it will prevent this from happening. If changing position doesn’t work, go for the best ENT Treatment in Gurgaon.
- People who are overweight snore more than people who are not. The reason is that overweight people carry extra fat around their necks that narrows their airways and results in snoring. Losing a couple of pounds can help you lose your noisy night-time companion. Switching up your diet, doing some exercise, and visiting one of the ENT Clinics in Gurgaon will help you get rid of snores.
- Staying hydrated is always a great idea, especially for snorers. Dehydration leads to the formation of mucus in your nose that can make you snore.
- Stop drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes, especially before going to bed as it might be the cause of your snoring. Drinking relaxes your throat muscles which cause you to snore. Make sure to visit the top-rated ENT Doctors Gurgaon for complete check-up, if you snore often.