Breastfeeding is an important stage in the life of your baby. Even when you nurse your baby for a few days, the colostrum will act as a crucial source of antibodies that develop your baby’s immune system. Besides, it provides complete nutrition. Infants who are not breastfed have an increased risk of diarrhea and ear infections. When you breastfeed your baby, your child will have fewer visits to the pediatrician. In fact, it is also beneficial to the mother, as it reduces the chances of conditions such as osteoporosis and breast and ovarian cancers, net loss.
Tips for Successful Breastfeeding
If you want to get the most out of your breastfeeding experience, it is recommended to follow these tips from the Gynae Clinic In Gurgaon:
- It is recommended to breastfeed your baby the first hour of birth. This can help develop the colostrums and cause the uterus to return to its pre-pregnancy condition.
- You should be prepared for the milk to come in. By the third or fourth day, the breasts can suddenly grow in size. Make sure you have a few larger-sized nursing bras.
- Ask your lactation consultant or nurse to check the way your baby latches on. If it is painful, get advice on the right position.
- It is recommended to breastfeed 8 to 12 times a day. Usually, your baby should give out a signal by searching around for your nipple.
- Bottle or other nipples should be introduced only after breastfeeding has been properly established.
- Make sure you are always well-hydrated. It is recommended to sip some water when you are nursing your baby.
Things to Keep in Mind
It is further suggested to nurse your baby in a silent and calm environment. This helps in letting the milk down. The Best Gynecologist Hospital In Gurgaon will promote immediate uninterrupted skin-to-skin contact with your baby until the first breastfeeding. Babies usually go through 9 instinctive stages and they are important for the latching and first breastfeeding experiences. The different stages include birth cry, relaxing, awakening, activity, resting, familiarization, crawling, suckling, and sleeping.
It is also important to keep in mind that things keep changing from one day to another. There are many factors that can affect the breastfeeding journey. While following these tips, it is important to do what works best for you and your baby.