How to Control Hormonal Acne?
Hormonal Acne, as the name implies, is the acne tied to fluctuations in your hormones. It develops in response to the hormonal changes, and especially a rise in androgens, such as testosterone. Acne is really difficult to deal with not only because they are pesky and painful but they lower your confidence as well. Although it is related to the hormone fluctuations during puberty, hormonal acne can affect adult of any age, especially women. If you’re suffering from these breakouts then visit the best skin specialist in Gurgaon and get rid of this problem.
Let’s find out some of the ways to control hormonal acne.
Ways to Control Hormonal Acne
Follow Good Skin Care Routine
Skin care routine is the best way to control hormonal acne.
- Wash your face twice a day i.e. morning and evening and after sweating as well. However, over-washing is not good for acne.
- Use a gentle cleanser to clean your skin twice daily. Do not overdo it as it can irritate your skin. Also, use warm water to clean your face.
- Never use hot water as it leads to further breakouts. In addition to this, avoid using scrubs on your face as the friction you apply can worsen the acne condition.
- Avoid using makeup on skin and keep it natural. It is advised to wear sunscreen daily and use only non-comedogenic products to reduce your risk of clogged pores.
- Wherever possible, avoid environments with high humidity that causes excessive sweating.
- Self-care is important in treating hormonal acne as if you don’t take care of your skin properly then no medication can help. Visit the best Dermatologist and seek complete information about the healthy skin care routine.
Take Healthy Diet
Your diet has a direct connection with your acne condition. Though it may not cause hormonal acne but can definitely worsen the same.
- Acne basically happens when the body makes excess sebum, oil that stops the skin from drying out. Dietary fat and carbohydrates can enhance your sebum production and thus you should avoid the same to control acne condition.
- Refined Grains, Sweeteners, Dairy Products including milk and cheese, fast foods and cakes are some of the food items that you should avoid.
Medication can help
In addition to the good skin care routine and healthy diet, medications can also help in controlling and treating hormonal acne condition.
- Medicines such as birth control pills, Androgen receptor blockers, retinoids etc can improve acne breakout conditions. It is advised to visit the best skin clinics in Gurgaon and seek medication help with ease.
- If you’re keen on trying natural remedies, then there are several options to choose from like tea tree oil, face packs, green tea, aloe vera, Apple cider Vinegar etc. These natural products are as effective medicines and also they don’t produce any kind of side-effect.
Let’s face it, we can’t avoid acne. However, we can use the above-mentioned ways to control and treat the same effectively.