What is wrong with my elbow?
5 Common Causes of Elbow Pain
Elbow pain may arise for a variety of different reasons. There are non-surgical and surgical ways to treat an elbow problem. Nevertheless, elbow pain can seriously bring your life to a standstill and negatively impact your life. Even normal everyday activities like combing, brushing and lifting a book or a cup, become a Herculean task with elbow pain. Elbow issues can be addressed with elbow surgery.
The elbow is basically a complex joint where many arm bones meet. These bones are held together by ligaments. An experienced Orthopedic Surgeon in Gurgaon can best diagnose various elbow problems. If your elbow pain persists and has redness and swelling, you must immediately visit a doctor. Type the words "orthopedic doctor near me" in your internet browser, and you shall quickly be directed to a number of healthcare sites.
FIVE COMMON CAUSES OF ELBOW PAIN
- Bone Diseases and infections: Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, osteonecrosis, bursitis (inflammation of the fluid-filled cavity called bursa that acts as a cushion to the joints), tendinitis (inflamed tendons), Ganglian cyst of the elbow, etc.
- Injuries: Fractures, dislocated bones, stress fractures, ligament injuries, and sprains. Sports injuries, labral tears, muscle transfers
- Syndromes arising due to repetitive use of one hand: Ulnar nerve entrapment, or cubital tunnel syndrome, Glenoid Golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis), Tennis Elbow (lateral epicondylitis), Little leaguer’s elbow, etc.
- Nerve dysfunction: Dysfunction of the long thoracic nerves, spinal accessory
- Lifestyle Habits: Poor nutrition, unhealthy and sedentary nature of work, and obesity.
An Orthopedic Surgeon in Gurgaon will first conduct X-rays, BMD DEXA scans, and CT Scan tests to diagnose the problem. Based on the diagnosis he may recommend a surgery. Surgeries for elbow correction includes Elbow fracture repair, Direct UCL repair, Tommy John surgery (UCL reconstruction), Total elbow Arthroplasty or replacement, Cubital tunnel release, and Lateral epicondylitis release.
A few multi-specialty healthcare centres have the best roster of orthopedic doctors and state-of-the-art facilities. Just search for an orthopedic doctor near me in your browser. Get the treatment ASAP!